At Malawi Bail Project we take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your information according to the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you. For example it can include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number as well as photographs and information relating to your personal circumstances.
We will collect personal information from you when you enquire about our work and activities, register with us, sign up to newsletters, attend events, make a donation, fundraise on our behalf or provide us with personal information.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- For internal administrative purposes and record keeping, for example processing a donation, claiming Gift Aid on your donations and informing you about changes to services or policies.
- To provide you with information and services that you have requested.
- To notify you of our charitable aims and fundraising activities.
- We may also use your personal data for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will not share or sell your data with any third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may sometimes share your information with:
- “Data Processors” such as our trusted service providers. These service providers will only act under our instruction and we will take care to ensure that they keep your data secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- Our financial and legal advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice and protecting our legal rights.
- Another named organisation when working in partnership with them. For example, if we run an event and the partner organisation require information such as a guest list for security purposes.
- We may also need to disclose your personal data, if we are required to do so by law.
At all times Malawi Bail Project is responsible for collecting your personal data and we remain the data controller. We have contracts in place with all third party service providers to ensure the protection of your personal data and we use strict procedures and security to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal data as safe and secure as possible.
When we collect your personal information electronically we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Malawi Bail Project cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Some of our partners run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as charities based in the UK, we take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law.
UPDATING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us. We also want to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with and provide information that is of interest to you.
You are entitled to request that we:
- Update or change the information we hold about you
- Change the channels that we use to communicate with you (Post, email, telephone, SMS)
- Remove you from our mailing lists and stop sending you marketing communications (You can specify which types of communications you do not wish to receive and opt out at any time)
- Delete your personal data (Please note that we may be required to retain some details for our records, for example account records, if you have made a donation)
- Grant you access to the information we hold about you
If you wish to request any of the above, please put your request in writing and send to us using the contact details below.
If at any time you are not happy with the way Malawi Bail Project has handled your personal data, please do contact us. If you do not feel we have been able to satisfactorily resolve your issue you can report your concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by visiting their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We update our policy from time to time so please check back periodically. This policy was last updated in December 2019 and is in compliance with current data protection regulations.
Malawi Bail Project is a registered charity, no. 1177119
Registered address: Turpin Barker Armstrong, 1 Westmead Road, Allen House, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LA